Wesselman Nature Society operates a drop off recycling center
at Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve for the collection of select recyclable
items. Revenues from the sale of these items are used to fund the Nature
Society’s programs. We appreciate your recycling efforts and hope you
will make Wesselman Woods your recycling center! The Recycling Center
is located at the north end of the parking lot, north of the Nature Center
at 551 N. Boeke Road. The items we accept are:
- Cardboard: Includes boxes of all kinds and brown grocery sacks. Please flatten the boxes.
- Mixed Paper: Junk mail, notebook paper, colored papers
- White Office Paper: White copy paper, letterhead and envelopes.
- Newspaper: including inserts that come in the newspaper.
- Aluminum beverage cans: We cannot accept cat food or tuna cans.
- Telephone Books
- Magazines and Catalogs
Items can be brought to the recycling area from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, seven days a week.
We ask that you please separate these items by the material types listed above and place into separate bags or boxes. Paper shopping bags work best for this. Flatten boxes before you arrive if possible. Please be sure items are clean and dry.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: The Vanderburgh County Solid Waste District at
(812)436-7800 or: www.vanderburghgov.org